Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship, Delivery time approx. 1-3 working days
The Viking sword or Carolingian sword was a type of sword used in western and northern Europe in the early middle ages. The "Viking sword" was developed from the roman Spatha and was used by the Francs in the Carolingian period (751 to 911).
This battle-ready word is exclusively hand-crafted. The guard and the characteristic cocked-hat pommel are made out of heat-treated malleable cast iron. The blade is hand-riveted to the pommel. The hilt is leather-strapped. The spring steel blade is oil-tempered to approx. 48° Rockwell and has a distinctive fuller which offers both great flexibility and a lesser weight. The edges of the blade are blunt and the tip is rounded for safety.
The beautiful wooden scabbard is leather-wrapped and features a wooden belt loop (max. belt width 5 cm) as well as a richly adorned brass chape.
This is the practical blunt version of this Viking sword. The same sword is also available as regular version (product no. 0180001718).
- Battle-ready Sword Category: SK-B
Learn more about our classification for blunt practical swords
- Blade material: spring steel EN45, heat-treated
- Rockwell hardness of blade: 48-50° HRC
- Overall length: approx. 93 cm
- Blade length: approx. 77.5 cm
- Max. blade width: approx. 55 mm
- Grip: approx. 11 cm
- Including leather-wrapped wooden scabbard
- Practical blunt version. Also available as regular version: Product No. 0180001718
- Weight (without scabbard): approx. 1300 g
Specs may slightly vary from piece to piece.
Only real consumers can give a rating and write a written review. The stars show an average of all reviews. We publish positive and negative reviews after our review.