Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Basic Medieval Tunic / Undershirt Gunther, long-sleeved, brown
A versatile tunic made from light cotton fabric.
The round neckline has a slit on the front. The split neck can be tied closed with tie strings or worn open, according to your preferences. Slits on the side seams allow for better freedom of movement.
The simple cut of this tunic is based on finds from the Early and High Middle Ages, with a pattern mainly consisting of rectangles sewn together.
It is equally suited as an outer garment or an undergarment. When worn as an undergarment, it protects the outer clothing from sweat. To prevent the unpleasant feel of scratchy wool on bare skin, we especially recommend this tunic as underwear when wearing woolen outer garments. In the summer, this tunic is also ideal as a light and airy piece of outer clothing.
- Available sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Colour: brown (also available: natural-coloured)
- Material: 100% cotton
- Length overall size L: 96 cm
- (measured from the centre back neck down to the bottom hem)
- Care instructions: Machine wash at 40°C, gentle cycle, do not tumble dry
|Size Chart - Men - Tunic|
How to find the right size:
- To take your body measurements correctly in order to determine you clothing size, please always wrap the measuring tape horizontally around your body at the fullest part.
- For tops, sizes are based on your chest circumference.
- If you happen to fall between two sizes, we recommend that you go up a size.
- Ease is included in the pattern and reflected in the finished measurements.
Delivery includes the tunic only! The other items pictured above are available separately in our online shop.
As authentic as possible, as modern as necessary!
This medieval tunic is part of Battle-Merchant's line of period clothing and medieval garments for men, women and children. From the first sketch to the last stitch, this garment was planned, designed and handcrafted with particular attention to detail. Our clothes are modeled (sometimes accurately, sometimes less so) on historical examples, grave finds and original museum pieces where they exist. We always endeavour to keep the necessary adjustments to today's standards, e.g. in terms of size and manufacturing process, to a minimum. Just see for yourself!
Only real consumers can give a rating and write a written review. The stars show an average of all reviews. We publish positive and negative reviews after our review.