Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship, Delivery time approx. 1-3 working days
The original of this beautiful battle-ready reconstruction was once wielded by the dreaded Danish King Godfred (also referred to as Gudfred or Gudrød). Up to his death in 810, King Godfred lived and ruled in Hedeby (also called Haithabu),the principal Viking settlement on the Jutland peninsula (close to the town of Schleswig).
The sword dates from the 8th century and its shape is characteristic of an early medieval Viking sword: a short guard slightly curved forward, a straight double-edged blade with a distinctive fuller, and a broad pommel with three bulges. This sword is exclusively hand-crafted. The guard and the three-lobed pommel are made of heat-treated malleable cast iron. The spring steel blade is hand-riveted to the pommel. The hilt is wrapped with broad leather straps. The blade is oil-tempered up to 48-50° Rockwell and has a distinctive fuller which offers both great flexibility and a lesser weight. The edges of the blade are blunt and the tip is rounded for safety. The beautiful leather-wrapped wooden scabbard features two straps with buckles. These can for example be fastened to the straps of your own sword belt.
This is the practical blunt version of this sword. The same sword is also available as regular version (product no. 00116696618).
- Battle-ready Sword Category: SK-B
Learn more about our classification for blunt practical swords
- Blade material: spring steel EN45, heat-treated
- Rockwell hardness of blade: 48-50° HRC
- Overall length: approx. 95 cm
- Blade length: approx. 79.5 cm
- Max. blade width: approx. 44 mm
- Point of Balance: approx. 17 cm from the guard
- Including leather-wrapped wooden scabbard
- Practical blunt version. Also available as regular version: Product No. 0116696618
- Weight (without scabbard): approx. 1340 g
Only real consumers can give a rating and write a written review. The stars show an average of all reviews. We publish positive and negative reviews after our review.
Einfach und schnörkellos.
Ein wunderschönes Schwert, einfach und schnörkellos. Die Scheide ist robust. Die Tragriemen habe ich abgeändert.