Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Medieval Braided Tunic Ailrik , short-sleeved, brown
This tunic is ideal for the portrayal of many North and Central European peoples from the Migration Period (Völkerwanderung) to the High Middle Ages.
It is made from cotton fabric and finished with an appliquéd border/braid at the neckline. The border's plait pattern is based on the archaeological find B23 from Birka. The round neckline has a slit on the front. The split neck can be worn open or closed with a fibula or brooch, according to your preferences. So-called gores (wedge-shaped pieces of fabric) inserted into the side seams give the tunic a nice flare from the hip down. As both front and back panels have a slit in the middle, the tunic is also suitable for horse riding.
For an authentic look, we recommend you to wear this tunic with a leather belt.
- Available sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Colour: brown (also available: green, blue, black)
- Material: 100% cotton
- Braid material: 50% polyester, 50% viscose
- Length overall size L: approx. 102 cm (measured from the centre back neck down to the bottom hem)
- Care instructions: Machine wash at 40°C, gentle cycle, do not tumble dry
|Size Chart - Men - Tunic|
How to find the right size:
- To take your body measurements correctly in order to determine you clothing size, please always wrap the measuring tape horizontally around your body at the fullest part.
- For tops, sizes are based on your chest circumference.
- If you happen to fall between two sizes, we recommend that you go up a size.
- Ease is included in the pattern and reflected in the finished measurements.
Delivery includes the tunic only! The other items pictured above are available separately in our online shop.
As authentic as possible, as modern as necessary!
This Viking tunic is part of Battle-Merchant's line of period clothing and medieval garments for men, women and children. From the first sketch to the last stitch, this garment was planned, designed and handcrafted with particular attention to detail. Our clothes are modeled (sometimes accurately, sometimes less so) on historical examples, grave finds and original museum pieces where they exist. We always endeavour to keep the necessary adjustments to today's standards, e.g. in terms of size and manufacturing process, to a minimum. Just see for yourself!
Only real consumers can give a rating and write a written review. The stars show an average of all reviews. We publish positive and negative reviews after our review.