Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Viking Tunic from Cotton, dark red
In ancient times, tunics were mostly worn directly on the skin as underwear. But by the early Middle Ages, their use had changed und tunics had become a common piece of outerwear. Preserved fragments are few, but a lot of contemporary illustrations such as the Bayeaux Tapestry or miniatures/illuminated manuscripts have furnished evidence of how medieval garments looked like and how they were generally worn.
Our early medieval tunics are as faithful as possible to these original sources. They are loose-fitting, as the waist was usually accentuated with a belt in medieval times, and have approx. 3/4 length sleeves. These tunics are well suited for the portrayal of early medieval characters, e.g. Vikings, Slavs or Celts.
- Available sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Colour: dark red (also available: beige, dark brown)
- Material: 100% cotton, polyester border
- Length overall size L: approx. 99 cm (measured from the centre back neck down to the bottom hem)
- Care instructions: Machine wash at 40°C, gentle cycle, do not tumble dry
|Size Chart - Men - Tunic|
How to find the right size:
- To take your body measurements correctly in order to determine you clothing size, please always wrap the measuring tape horizontally around your body at the fullest part.
- For tops, sizes are based on your chest circumference.
- If you happen to fall between two sizes, we recommend that you go up a size.
- Ease is included in the pattern and reflected in the finished measurements.