Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Medieval Skirt / Underskirt, blue
The underskirt (also known as petticoat or half-slip) was a staple piece of clothing throughout the Middle Ages. Petticoats provided additional warmth and were hence often worn in multiple layers. And as they gave more volume to outer garments, they also made for a nice silhouette.
Our underskirt is made of fine cotton fabric. The lower part of the skirt is ruffled and trimmed with tucks to add fullness to the overgarment's bottom hem. The broad waistband is elasticated to ensure a comfortable fit.
- Available sizes: S/M, L/XL, XXL
- Colour: blue (also available: natural-coloured, brown, red)
- Material: 100% cotton
- Length overall size L/XL: approx. 102 cm
- Care instructions: Machine wash at 40°C, gentle cycle, do not tumble dry
|Size Chart - Women - Skirt|
How to find the right size:
- To take your body measurements correctly in order to determine you clothing size, please always wrap the measuring tape horizontally around your body at the fullest part.
- For skirts, sizes are based on your hip circumference.
- If you happen to fall between two sizes, we recommend that you go up a size.
- Ease is included in the pattern and reflected in the finished measurements.
As authentic as possible, as modern as necessary!
This medieval underskirt is part of Battle-Merchant's line of period clothing and medieval garments for men, women and children. From the first sketch to the last stitch, this garment was planned, designed and handcrafted with particular attention to detail. Our clothes are modeled (sometimes accurately, sometimes less so) on historical examples, grave finds and original museum pieces where they exist. We always endeavour to keep the necessary adjustments to today's standards, e.g. in terms of size and manufacturing process, to a minimum. Just see for yourself!