Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Medieval Dress Gesine, Canvas, green
This floor-length medieval dress with ¾-length sleeves is made of sturdy cotton fabric (canvas) and loosely tailored. The strong canvas fabric makes for a sturdy, heavy dress which is thus best suited for the spring and autumn (or for the winter when combined with season-appropriate undergarment).
Colour contrasting edges and filled cording make the dress really stand out from the crowd. It features a dividing seam just below the waist and hidden pockets in the side seams. The skirt part has a wide flare and is made without gores (wedge-shaped pieces of fabric).
Following the early medieval fashion, this outer garment is rather loose-fitting and just shows a hint of a waist. We thus recommend you to combine it with a leather belt.
This dress is ideal for the portrayal of women from the lower and middle classes of the early to high Middle Ages, and historically fits - among others - into the time of the Franks, Slavs and Vikings.
- Available sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Colour: green (also available: teal blue)
- Material: 100% cotton
- Length overall size M: approx. 150 cm (measured from the highest shoulder point down to the bottom hem)
- Care instructions: Machine wash at 40°C, gentle cycle, do not tumble dry
|Size Chart - Women - Dress|
How to find the right size:
- To take your body measurements correctly in order to determine you clothing size, please always wrap the measuring tape horizontally around your body at the fullest part.
- For dresses, sizes are based on your chest circumference.
- If you happen to fall between two sizes, we recommend that you go up a size.
- Ease is included in the pattern and reflected in the finished measurements.
Delivery includes the dress only! The other items pictured above are available separately in our online shop.
As authentic as possible, as modern as necessary!
This medieval dress is part of Battle-Merchant's line of period clothing and medieval garments for men, women and children. From the first sketch to the last stitch, this garment was planned, designed and handcrafted with particular attention to detail. Our clothes are modeled (sometimes accurately, sometimes less so) on historical examples, grave finds and original museum pieces where they exist. We always endeavour to keep the necessary adjustments to today's standards, e.g. in terms of size and manufacturing process, to a minimum. Just see for yourself!