10c Viking Sword w/ scabbard, five-lobed pommel, practical blunt
Beautiful reconstruction of a Viking sword from the 10th century, based on archeological finds made in England.
In the 8th century already, isolated groups of Vikings would sporadically descend on the British coasts in search of easy loot. However, from the 9th century on, the Scandinavians altered their strategy and started conquering land and settling in England.
This sword is exclusively hand-crafted. The guard and the characteristic pommel with five bulges are made out of heat-treated malleable cast iron. The blade is hand-riveted to the pommel. The hilt is leather-strapped. The spring steel blade is oil-tempered to approx. 48° Rockwell and has a distinctive fuller which offers both great flexibility and a lesser weight. The edges of the blade are blunt and the tip is rounded for safety.
The beautiful wooden scabbard is leather-wrapped and features a wooden belt loop (max. belt width 5 cm) as well as a richly adorned brass chape.
This is the practical blunt version of this Viking sword.
The same sword is also available as regular edition: Product No. 0116696318.
- Battle-ready Sword Category: SK-B
Learn more about our classification for blunt practical swords
- Blade material: spring steel EN45, heat-treated
- Rockwell hardness of blade: 48-50° HRC
- Overall length: approx. 95.5 cm
- Blade length: approx. 79 cm
- Max. blade width: approx. 43 mm
- Point of Balance: approx. 16 cm from the guard
- Including leather-wrapped wooden scabbard
- Practical blunt version. Also available as regular edition: Product No. 0116696318
- Weight (without scabbard): approx. 1200 g
Shipping weight: 2.20 kg
Customers who buy "10c Viking Sword w/ scabbard, five-lobed pommel, practical blunt" often also purchase:
|29,95 EUR (19 % VAT incl. free shipping in D)|
Material: 100% Cotton (100% Baumwolle)29,90 EUR (19 % VAT incl. free shipping in D)
Do-it-yourself blank shield
|189,90 EUR (19 % VAT incl. free shipping in D)|
|79,95 EUR (19 % VAT incl. free shipping in D)|
|2,95 EUR (19 % VAT incl. free shipping in D)|